6th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems, Vision for Cognitive Systems
Welcome to ICVS 2008
Vision for Cognitive Systems
In order to arrange the oral presentations as smooth as possible, presenters should consider the following information. For each presentation we reserved 20 minutes slots for the talk itself and 5 minutes extra-time for discussion. The lecture hall is equipped with a beamer and loudspeakers as well as a presentation system running Adobe Reader and Microsoft PowerPoint Office 2003. Talks to be presented via this system should be stored on a regular USB stick. It is also possible for presenters to bring their own Laptop. Other requirements such as special hardware or an overhead projector for acetate sheets shall be announced to the conference organizers in preface.
Please note, that each speaker should test his setup briefly ten minutes before the beginning of his session
Posters will be presented on Tuesday, 13th May and on Wednesday 14th May in the course of two poster sessions at 16:00 - 17:00 (session 1) and 15:45 - 17:00 (session 2) respectively. Each poster will be assigned to one of these sessions. It is mandatory for authors to attend their poster's session in order to present their contribution.
The presentation area will be located in front of the lecture hall where the talks will be given and will be open all day.
Posters should be formatted to DIN A0 size (841mm x 1189mm or 33.1" x 46.8"). Due to the dimensions of the presentation boards portrait orientation is recommended although this is not necessary. The viewing distance will usually be from about 1-2 meters. Please be sure to choose font and image sizes large enough to ensure good readability from this distance.
Papers will be double blind reviewed by 3 reviewers. Accepted papers will be published by Springer in "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS).
The layout of the papers must be prepared according to the Instructions for the Preparation of Camera-Ready Contribution to LNCS Proceedings. Authors are asked to follow these instructions exactly. In addition to the Springer author instructions, authors should ensure that the submitted paper meet the following criteria.
- The paper must not exceed 10 pages in the LNCS format. The font sizes must conform with the LNCS instructions.
- Document formats:
- PostScript, without encoding or condensation.
- Level 3 or 4 PDF without passwords or encryption.
- MS Word and other word processor formats will not be accepted.
- The fonts used must meet the following criteria:
- All fonts must be from Latin 1 Fontset.
- Except for the 13 basic PostScript fonts (Times-Roman, Helvetica, Courrier, Symbol), every font used must be included.
- If possible, include only outline (Type 1 or TrueType) fonts, not bitmapped ones.
Prepare for Double-blind Review
The first page should contain only the:
- 3-5 keywords characterising the content of the paper,
The remaining pages should include the main body of the submission and all references, figures, tables, etc.
Anonymised for Blind Reviews
- Author name(s) should not appear in the paper (including the abstract).,
- Eliminate references to your institutions, your sponsors, your unpublished work, and your published work if done in a way that identifies you as author.
- All author names must be inserted in the online submission form.
- Delete author and institution information from document properties.