|I am an Adjunct Lecturer at DUTH’s Electrical and Computer Engineering department, and a postdoctoral researcher in the lab of Robotics and Automation, at DUTH’s Production and Management Engineering department.
I received my Ph.D. from DUTH, Electrical and Computer Engineering department, Laboratory of Electronics. I did my undergraduate studies at the same department.
[September 2016] Thanks to all press media for their coverage in the first Hellenic Civil Unmanned Air Vehicle, where our lab actively participated.
[February 2016] NVIDIA Hardware Grant for support in ADAS ViPED project
[February 2016] IEEE Senior member grade elevation
[April 2015] Thanks to BBC, Bloomberg, Engadget, IEEE Spectrum, Gizmodo, Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, DailyMail, and Tech Times for their full coverage of AVERT project!
[April 2015] 1st ICRA Trailer included our AVERT project
2016 Stavros Niarchos Fellowship for Promising Young Scientists
2009 IEEE Transactions Outstanding Reviewer Award
My research focus is on robotics, real-time embedded systems, FPGAs, computer vision and multi-sensor data fusion. Publications.
- Η32Ε: Digital Systems Interfaces, Fall 2016/17
- ΠΔ602: Electronics, Spring 2012/13
- ΠΔ912: Simulation, Fall 2012/13
- ΠΔ602: Electronics, Spring 2011/12
- ΠΔ912: Simulation, Fall 2011/12
- ΠΔ602: Electronics, Spring 2010/11
- EΠY140: Introduction to Database Systems, Spring 2012/13
- EΠY331: Operating Systems and Programming, Spring 2011/12
- EΠY140: Introduction to Database Systems, Spring 2011/12
- EΠY340: Special Topics in Database Systems, Spring 2010/11
- EΠY140: Introduction to Database Systems, Spring 2010/11
- EΠY340: Special Topics in Database Systems, Fall 2010/11
- EΠY102: Programming Techniques, Fall 2010/11
- EΠY310: Special Topics in Computer Science, Spring 2009/10
Program Committee Work: IST2008, IST2009, IST2010, IROA2011, IST2011, IST2012, HAIS2012, HAIS2013, IST 2014, SSRR 2014, PDP 2015.
- “Vision Systems for Future Autonomous Space Exploration Robots”, Robotic Exploration of Extreme Environments Foresight Workshop, 19 Feb. 2014, Bremen, Germany, Invited by DLR.